Cultic Doctrine is the most comprehensive study of the investigative judgment in print. Above all it fully explains Adventist’s1844 doctrine of the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary.
Cultic Doctrine gives a biblical, historical, theological, experiential and ethical evaluation of Adventists investigative judgment teachings.
This book lists William Miller’s 15 amazing “proofs” endorsed by Ellen White that Christ would come in 1843/1844
Exposes the “shut door of mercy”Ratzlaff documents Adventist’s flip-flop teaching of the “shut door of mercy”. Likewise it proves Ellen G. White endorsed this teaching through her visions. Additional recently discovered unpublished documents by Ellen G. White regarding the shut door of mercy are found in the Appendix (near the end) of the link above.
Over 700 footnotes, most from Adventist sources, yet easy to read.
1. Sliver in the Foot
2. How Dare You?
3. White, God, and Miller
4. William Miller: His Methods and Message
5. Right is Wrong and Wrong is Right
6. Truth Changes—Again!
7. The Swinging Door
8. The Door Opens Again—Quietly
9. The Sliver—The Investigative Judgment
1O. A Broken Chain—A Biblical Evaluation
12. Lumps Under the Rug—A Historical Evaluation
13. Is This Truth?—A Theological Evaluation
14. Living in the Judgment—An Experiential Evaluation
15. We Knew It Was Wrong…But—An Ethical Evaluation
16. I’ve Been Acquitted!—The Good News of Judgment
17. The Pillar—The Heart of SDA Theology
18. Marks of a Cult—Do SDAs Qualify?
19. Tampering with the Word
20. The Gospel Test
21. An Appeal to SDA Leadership
Appendix A: Fundamental Beliefs of SDAs
Appendix B: Questionable Statements by EGW
Appendix C: Ellen G. White Bibliography
Appendix D: Select Bibliography
Companion articles by Dale Ratzlaff